Cloud Phone Systems can Cut Costs and Boost Productivity
It’s hard enough making the choice to switch from a line telephone system now you have to choose the best cloud phone system option.
You do not have to do it alone now Carrier covers the cost of PRO Dealer Consultants who at no charge to you can help you choose between available Cloud Phone System options and compare pricing, options, and ease of use.
Paid for by the carrier get FREE consultation at no cost to you!
Learn about the various Cloud Phone Systems, Options, Features, and Pricing approaches.
In today’s competitive business landscape, seamless communication is more important than ever. Companies need efficient and reliable means of communicating with their customers, partners, and employees. This is where cloud phone systems come into play. Cloud phone systems for business have emerged as a game-changing technology, offering increased flexibility, scalability, and cost-effectiveness compared to traditional phone systems like PBX (Private Branch Exchange) and landline desk phones.
In this article, we will explore the benefits of cloud phone systems, why they are more than just a business phone service, and some of the best cloud phone systems for small businesses. We will also discuss 20+ features that make cloud phone systems stand out from conventional communication solutions, helping businesses stay connected both in and out of the office.
Why Choose a Cloud Phone System for Business Communications?
If you are considering replacing your aging legacy phone system, it may be time to explore cloud phone systems for business. Here are some compelling reasons to make the switch from a line phone system to a Cloud Phone System:
Lower Costs: Cloud phone systems eliminate the need for expensive hardware and infrastructure. There’s no need to purchase expensive PBX equipment or invest in costly maintenance and upgrades. Instead, businesses can enjoy cost savings by using a cloud-based platform that works on a subscription basis, allowing them to pay only for the services they use.
Scalability: Traditional phone systems force businesses to estimate the number of users and calls they’ll need in the future, leading to overbuying and unnecessary expenses. With cloud phone systems, businesses can easily scale up or down as their needs change, ensuring that they only pay for the resources they actually use.
Flexibility: Cloud phone systems offer unparalleled flexibility. Employees can access the system from any location and device, as long as they have an internet connection. This means that remote workers and teams spread across different locations can stay connected without any issues.
Advanced Features: Cloud phone systems come packed with 20+ features that traditional phone systems simply can’t match. These include call routing, auto-attendants, call recording, voicemail-to-email, and video conferencing, among others. These features help businesses manage their calls more effectively and efficiently.
Improved Reliability: Cloud VoIP platforms are designed to provide reliable and consistent service, even in the face of hardware failures or network outages. By leveraging multiple data centers and advanced technologies, cloud phone system providers can guarantee uptime and maintain high-quality voice and video calls.
Best Cloud Phone Systems for Small Business
When it comes to choosing the best cloud-based phone system for small businesses, there are several options available. Here, we present five of the top providers in the market:
- Avaya Cloud Office: Avaya Cloud Office is a comprehensive cloud phone system that offers a wide range of features, including video conferencing, team messaging, file sharing, and more. With its intuitive user interface and robust functionality, it’s an excellent choice for small businesses looking to improve their communication capabilities.
- VoiceOne PBX: VoiceOne PBX is a feature-rich cloud phone system that’s designed with small businesses in mind. It offers a variety of features such as call forwarding, call recording, and voicemail-to-email, A Shared Hold Button, Call Ques among others. VoiceOne PBX also provides businesses with the flexibility of Remote Working or Mobile APPs.
- GoTo Connect: GoTo Connect combines cloud phone systems with team collaboration tools, offering businesses an all-in-one communication solution. With features like video conferencing, screen sharing, and team messaging, GoTo Connect makes it easy for businesses to stay connected and collaborate effectively.
- Zoom Phone: Zoom, best known for its video conferencing solutions, also offers a cloud phone system called Zoom Phone. This service integrates seamlessly with Zoom’s video conferencing platform,, allowing businesses to manage their voice and video communication needs in one place. With features like call recording, call routing, and voicemail transcription, Zoom Phone is an excellent choice for businesses that already rely on Zoom for their video conferencing needs.
- Ooma Office: Ooma Office is a cloud phone system designed specifically for small businesses. It offers a range of features, including virtual receptionists, call forwarding, and conference calling. With its easy setup and affordable pricing, Ooma Office is an ideal solution for small businesses looking for a reliable and user-friendly cloud phone system.
20+ Features of Cloud Phone Systems That Set Them Apart
Cloud phone systems offer numerous features that traditional phone systems simply cannot compete with. Here are 20+ features that set cloud phone systems apart:
- Auto-attendants: Cloud phone systems can automatically route calls to the right department or employee, ensuring that callers are directed efficiently and effectively.
- Call forwarding: Users can forward calls to other extensions or devices, ensuring that they never miss an important call.
- Call recording: Businesses can record calls for quality assurance, training, or compliance purposes.
- Voicemail-to-email: Voicemails can be transcribed and sent to users’ email inboxes, making it easy to review messages and respond promptly.
- Video conferencing: Cloud phone systems often include video conferencing capabilities, enabling face-to-face communication between team members and customers.
- Screen sharing: Users can share their screens during calls or meetings, facilitating collaboration and making it easier to present information.
- Team messaging: Cloud phone systems often come with built-in messaging platforms, allowing employees to collaborate and communicate in real-time.
- Call analytics: Businesses can track call data and analyze trends to improve their communication processes and customer service.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): Cloud phone systems can offer advanced IVR systems that help callers navigate through automated menus, streamlining the customer experience.
- Call routing: Cloud phone systems can route calls based on factors like time of day or caller location, ensuring that customers are connected to the right person or department.
- Conference calling: Users can easily set up conference calls, allowing multiple participants to join a conversation.
- Call transfer: Calls can be transferred between extensions or devices without losing the connection.
- Call hold: Users can place calls on hold while they handle other tasks or consult with colleagues.
- Customizable hold music: Businesses can choose the hold music that callers hear while waiting, creating a more branded experience.
- Caller ID: Cloud phone systems display caller ID information, allowing users to screen calls and prioritize their responses.
- Call queues: Calls can be placed in a queue, ensuring that they are answered in the order they are received.
- Find me/follow me: Cloud phone systems can ring multiple devices simultaneously or in a specific sequence, ensuring that users never miss an important call.
- Do not disturb: Users can set their status to “do not disturb” to avoid interruptions during important tasks or meetings.
- Call logs: Cloud phone systems maintain detailed call logs, making it easy to review call history and track communication patterns.
- Mobile apps: Many cloud phone systems offer mobile apps, allowing users to access the system from their smartphones or tablets.
Small Business Phone System options
When you think about cloud phone systems have revolutionized business communications, offering a range of benefits that traditional phone systems simply can’t match. With their flexibility, scalability, cost-effectiveness, and advanced features, cloud phone systems have become the go-to choice for businesses of all sizes. By choosing the right cloud phone system for your business, you can ensure seamless communication, increased productivity, and ultimately, a more successful business.