Small Business Phone Systems for Small Businesses, looking to upgrade or a new small business phone system here are some major options for your organization.
Small Business Phone Systems
Line Phone Systems | Cloud Phone Systems | Ip PBX Phone Systems
So many options – So much Information
A.B.S is an End-to-End Provider of over (17) options
F.A.Q and Purchasing knowledge
Line Phone Systems
When you have an older office with older infrastructure and may have been using brands such as: Avaya, Lucent, Nortel, Panasonic, Toshiba, Norstar, Comdial and others it is likely those were using Line Telephone Circuits.
Line Systems Benefits
- Extremely user-friendly when setup properly
- Has a “HOLD” Feature that can hand off calls to others in the office (not common today)
- Can call out using a different telephone number easily (not easy today)
- Can run on Traditional Phone Wiring (no wiring upgrades required)
Line Telephone Cons
- Can not easily have remote workers
- Can not easily have mobile Apps
Why would you want a Line Telephone System?
A line phone system is able to feel and work much like an older phone system you may already be comfortable with rather than a more modern system that will feel clunky and difficult. If your office had a phone system installed prior to 2011 than it is likely being run on traditional phone wiring rather than modern data cabling. Therefore, each wire run would need to be converted, adapted and likely replaced to handle today’s modern IP PHONES. Line Phone Systems often have access to phone systems that will still run over these wires.
IP PBX Phone Systems
If you have a new office with modern and updated wiring but do not want to pay for your phone system forever you have a few choices. You have a Cloud Hybrid System (with onsite HUB-SBC) or an IP PBX Processor unit. These systems give you a lot of modern features but also many are friendly for remote workers and some even mobile apps. These systems are one of the most commonly produced system today that is for on-premises and run IP Phones.
- You purchase the equipment rather than rent it forever
- These phones can use Digital Voice Lines – Modern (Business VoIP) called SIP an HD Voice Call that is often lower in cost than traditional Lines.
- You get modern features (based on the brand you select)
- You get an affordable office phone systems ( often lower costs – providing you do not need to upgrade wiring)
- NOT All brands support: Remote workers and Affective Mobile APPs
- These phones require up-to-date modern wiring ( data cabling )
- These phones work over your network and are subject to network issues
- These phones should be setup by an expert rather than a Managed Service Provider (IT Guy) or DYI as to get more comfort and better call flow requires trained telecom professionals. These phones have a myriad of settings and those settings make the system more or less user-friendly.
Over (100) Internet Telephone Systems are on the market today with 1000 of desk phone options
Learn your options
Cloud Phone Systems or Internet Phone Systems
Internet Phone Systems, are as stated phone systems that run over the internet and use IP Phones that require modern data cabling to connect to their remote system offsite. These Cloud Phone Systems give you many modern features, especially for Remote Workers, and some with mobile APPs that help support today’s hybrid/remote working environment. These systems allow you to work from anywhere and communicate with your office phones as well as take customer calls when properly set up. These systems often have a lower entry point than others as you “Rent” the phones and pay for the monthly services over time. In the short run these systems can get you up and running for a lower price point.
Note: There are over a hundred different brands and about 12 different foundational systems. So its important to know that not all Cloud Phone Systems will easily support all your needs. Given all these options its critical to get a consultation from a provider who can determine your needs and help you select the best options to meet those needs. (these consults are often free paid by the carrier so there is no reason to not get a consultation from a Cloud PRO Dealer) 1-888-383-8686
PROS To Cloud Phone Systems
- Can work in or out of the office
- Lower upfront costs
- Can save money on monthly phone bill
- Can provide modern features such as (integration, Mobility, Remote Working, Call Track, Call Recording, and video Conferencing)
Cons to Cloud Phone Systems
- Is subject to things that happen on your network
- Is modern in how it works and takes time to get comfortable
- Has a payment due for the life of the agreement
- Uses IP Phones that need modern wiring (wiring newer than 2011)
- Most providers do not offer installation or onsite support
This is another telecommunication article about Internet phone systems, small business phone systems, and IP PBX phone systems. If you need information on Telephone Installers. This article was related to:
Small Business Phone Systems
How to Pick a Small Business Phone System
What are my small business phone system options
Differences between Cloud Phone Systems and On-Premise phone systems